Combination Dock and P&D / Road Driver
Requisition Number 2013-10602
Posted Date 11/27/2013
Interested in this opportunity?
* Apply Now!
Be sure to update your Employment Application by going to yourprofile page.
* Email this opportunity to a friend or colleague
Apply to this job posting ONLY IF YOU HAVE LESS THAN 1 YEAR COMMERCIAL DRIVING EXPERIENCE AND ARE A GRADUATE OF AN ACCREDITED CDL "A" DRIVING SCHOOL. We require a valid CDL-A with tank and HazMat endorsements for consideration.
To safely operate Company equipment to transport goods, products and materials in various forms and packaging to and from specified destinations, observing all applicable laws and commercial vehicle regulations. Load, unload goods and materials at: dock/terminal facilities, customer locations or other assigned worksite locations.
1) Exhibit acceptable level of ability to follow oral or written work instructions to properly and safely materials, goods or products in various forms of shipping containers or objects. Have ability to ascertain via written or oral instructions, which materials are to be moved, loaded or unloaded. Have ability to load/unload materials to/from pallet/skids, racks or trays by hand. Load/unload materials in/out of trailer vehicles, and to secure loads properly through the use of strapping, dunnage, padding or bracing to prevent load shifting or other damage while in transit. Utilize various conveyance methods to move materials including but not limited to; manual or electric pallet jack, two-wheel dolly, wheeled cart or forklift. Assemble and use portable conveyor track and use blocks or other material to support conveyor system to load/unload materials. Use banding equipment to band materials or products together, shrink wrap to consolidate or protect freight. Use plastic sheets to form moisture barriers at rear or trailers to protect freight.
2) Possess necessary math and problem-solving skills to perform and maintain accurate piece or other counts of freight and record information accurately.
3) Be physically able to perform assigned duties: lift heavy objects by hand or utilizing power assisted machinery. Effect simple adjustments or minor repairs using hand tools. Maintain a clean, safe work area. Use brooms, shovels and other necessary tools.
4) Have ability to safe operate assigned truck/trailer(s) to transport materials to/from specific destinations. Ability to read maps and take oral direction to meet load/trip requirements. Maintain drivers daily log, vehicle inspection reports in compliance with state and/or federal regulations.
5) Verify assigned vehicle identification numbers to ensure proper vehicle(s) are being operated.
6) Adhere to assigned routes and run-times in the course of completing dispatch; communicate any delays, breakdown, or accidents immediately to Central Dispatch.
7) Working knowledge to FMCSR & D.O.T. regulations for CMV. Maintain any necessary communications with supervisory staff. Perform inspections on truck, trailer and supplies as needed.
8) Ability to unload or load freight as required. Ability to accurately inspect, notate and report vehicle condition and effect minor repairs as required or allowed.
9) Prepare receipt for pick-up.
10) Collect, process and safely handle monies or other forms of payment from customers proffered as payment for freight or delivery charges and to safely return payment to terminal management.
1) Minimum age requirement is 21 years of age.
2) CDL-A with tank and Hazmat endorsements. License must be in state of residence.
3)Apply to this job posting ONLY IF YOU HAVE LESS THAN 1 YEAR COMMERCIAL DRIVING EXPERIENCE AND ARE A GRADUATE OF AN ACCREDITED CDL "A" DRIVING SCHOOL.
4) Safe driving and/or accident history.
5) Ability to communicate with internal and external customers effectively.
6) Ability to work various shifts, hours and days of the week.
7) Ability to accurately read and write and record or verify information regarding type of freight, piece counts, condition of freight on freight bills and/or bills of lading.
8) Must be fluent in speaking and reading of English; able to understand all job-related documentation.
9) Desire and ability to represent company at all time in a professional, positive manner.
1) Previous experience in transportation industry.
2) Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.